Israel’s war machine does not stop. Despite the requests of the international community, the appeals of religious authorities such as Pope Leo XIV, the protests of tens of thousands of Israeli citizens, the Israeli army continues the offensive to Gaza, with the request to the population to displace the Southern Strip.
At the beginning of August Israel announced its intention to occupy the entire strip of Gaza, including the city of Gaza, which described as the last Roccaforte of Hamas. As the BBC reports, according to some witnesses, during the night the Israeli tanks penetrated in a new area of the city, destroying houses and forcing other residents to flee.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian agency Wafa writes that the Israeli armed forces have made Raid against six schools in the West Bank, arresting several teachers in the Hebron area.
But the military actions of Israel also cross the boundaries. Times of Israelwho cites Syrian sources, says that the Israeli land troops would conduct a raid on the night between Wednesday and Thursday on a Syrian site that had already been bombed in the previous two days. According to two sources of the Syrian army, a unit of the Israeli army carried out a plane landing on a strategic hill south-west of Damascus and conducted an operation of two hours before leaving the area.
It is war on all fronts, in short. Despite the human river of demonstrators who on Tuesday in Israel had asked for the end of the war in the strip. The day had been marked by the protest organized by the Forum of the Hostage Families and of the missing again in Gaza, returned again to ask for the end of the conflict, the truce with Hamas and the return home of their loved ones, living or deaths. The day, marked by processions and road blocks, had ended with an inconclusive meeting of the government’s security cabinet, without any discussion on the latest Hamas response and without a formal vote on any measures.
Meanwhile, the news of a meeting at the White House with the President of the United States Donald Trump arrives from the United States to discuss the plans for Gaza after the war. The correspondent in the Middle East of Trump, the businessman Steve Witkoff, said that the United States are developing a “very complete” plan for the “day after” war. However, not many other details were revealed on the meeting, which also participated in the former British premier Tony Blair72 years old.
Blair held the role of correspondent in the Middle East for a few years, until 2015, after leaving the position of Prime Minister in 2007, focusing on the economic development of the Palestinian areas and on the creation of the conditions for a two -states solution.
However, when the Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar was questioned by journalists on the plan for a Palestinian state, he replied that there would be none. Witkoff instead spoke to Fox News of “A very complete plan”, which reflects “the humanitarian motivations of President Trump”.