The case against Patrick Bruel is starting to weigh very heavily. Already targeted by four investigations, the singer is now accused of rape by a well-known face of the PAF: that of Flavie Flament. An explosion which led to cascading reactions.
On May 13, Flavie Flament revealed, in an Instagram post, that she had also filed a complaint against Patrick Bruel, accusing him of rape. A speech which adds to the weight of the accusations made against the 67-year-old singer and actor.
Flavie Flament files a complaint against Patrick Bruel: his story called into question
Four surveys for “attempted rape”, “rape” And “sexual assault” have already been opened against him in France and Belgium. On Instagram, Flavie Flament writes: “10 years after The Consolation (his shocking testimony against David Hamilton, editor’s note)I have a new meeting with my past. And a man who stole my adolescence. I am filing a complaint against Patrick Bruel for theft.”.
The former host of Telematin denounces facts which allegedly took place in 1991 when she was 16 years old. Médiapartwho was able to collect her testimony, relates that she felt a “blackout” after drinking a simple tea in his presence. She would have woken up “amorphous” as the singer buttoned his pants. In the same interview, Flavie Flament remembers a meeting with Patrick Bruel in 2006 during which he reminded her that they had “lying together”. A revelation which would then have enlightened the host, prey to doubt since the events.
This story of poisoned tea, for me it doesn’t make sense
At the same time, Flavie Flament’s story did not only provide support. Some ex-collaborators of the host say they are very surprised by such an announcement, even going so far as to defend Patrick Bruel… “I am amazed. What she says today is the exact opposite of what she said a few years ago about her story with Patrick Bruel. She spoke of it as a lovely adventure (…). There was never any question of constraint in her words”explained one of them to Parisian. Joined by another relative: “She spoke of it as a consensual relationship (…) This story of poisoned tea in 1991, for me it doesn’t make sense.”
Patrick Bruel speaks for the first time: “There was no rape or drugs”
Patrick Bruel, who had never spoken before despite dozens of testimonies against him, published a response on Instagram on May 17. He who remains presumed innocent writes that he “hesitated a lot” before expressing yourself. “I met Flavie Flament in the 90s. My career had begun, she was beginning hers (…) We had a brief history together. This relationship was neither violent, nor coerced, nor sneaky. There was neither rape nor drugs”, he writes.
“I have never forced a woman. I have never drugged, manipulated or sought to subjugate anyone (…) I understand that our age difference can cause a reaction today. I also understand that notoriety or status can bias a seductive relationship”he adds. Before concluding: “If I could have hurt anyone, I sincerely regret it.” It remains for the courts to decide on the accusations against him.
Valérie Bègue supports Flavie Flament: “I have absolutely no doubt”
However, Flavie Flament can count on the support of many personalities. Starting with Valérie Bègue. Under a publication by Andrea Bescond, the director of Ticklingdenouncing the control of a 32-year-old man over a 16-year-old young woman, the former Miss France 2008 added: “He was president of the jury when I was elected. I saw him. I have absolutely no doubt. I believe all the women who had the courage to speak out. And I encourage the others.”


